|Event Name/Title||TYPOGRAPHY WORKSHOP|
|Hosted By||THE CIRCLE SCHOOL / Yomar Augusto|
|Event Start Time||10:00 AM|
|Event End Time||03:00 PM|
THE CIRCLE SCHOOL is a workshop series at the San Diego Made Factory by acclaimed artist Yomar Augusto.
Each class has a different theme and is held on the following Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
AUGUST 19 CALLIGRAPHY
More info on the process:
1. Introduction / The Circle Art concept is a series of compressed workshops designed to help you to illustrate how handmade approaches can influence creatives who heavily depend on the digital screen, and as a consequence, the end result is often flat because of the heavy influence of the computers.
2. Experimentations / Each participant will be immersed in drawing and creating things by hand. The objective of this workshop is to instill the value of typography, calligraphy, lettering, art books, texture making, and photographic experimentation.
3. Goals & Aspirations / This workshop aims to give confidence and ability to participants to reach their creative goals and enable them to unlock their creative potential and enhance their design sensibilities as a whole. Ultimately, to improve upon their concentration and customization of creative ideas.
4. Conclusion / By blending these two philosophies together, the hand-crafted tradition and the digital revolution, we aim to promote and scale the creative possibilities through deeper research to amplify your field of inspiration.
1. TYPOGRAPHY WORKSHOP: Pencil / Ruler / Tracing paper / Eraser / Thick graphite crayon / Any paper you want to bring / Scissors.
2. LETTERING WORKSHOP: Pencil / Ruler / Tracing paper / Eraser / Thick graphite crayon / Any paper you want to bring / Scissor / Any brushes you want / Your personal drawing tools / Any ink you have.
3. CALLIGRAPHY WORKSHOP: Flat brush / Ruler / Tracing paper / Eraser / Thick graphite crayon / Any paper you want to bring / Scissors / Indian ink or watercolor
4. BOOK ART WORKSHOP: Pencil / Ruler / Tracing paper / Eraser / Thick graphite crayon / Any paper you want to bring / Scissors / Old books / Any art supplies.
4. IMAGE MAKING ART WORKSHOP: Your personal drawing tools / Photography camera / Computer / Your personal drawing tools / Any ink you have / Any sort of printed material you have (old pictures and images)
Artist + Graphic / Type Designer Yomar Augusto is a typographic artist and graphic designer from Brazil who relocated to Southern California in 2016 after running his studio in New York City for 3 years. Born in Brasilia and raised in Rio de Janeiro, Yomar initially trained as a graphic designer and earned a Masters in Type Design at the renowned Royal Academy of Art in The Hague, The Netherlands. Yomar also taught Typography for Advertising at the Willem de Kooning Academy in Rotterdam between 2011 and 2012 and at the Bauhaus University in Weimar, Germany. Fashion Institute of Technology and School of Visual Arts in NYC. He has also held a number of experimental calligraphy and book art workshops in many countries, including Brazil, United States, Russia, Turkey, China, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Germany, and The Netherlands.
For more info contact Yomar Augusto at email@example.com
|Ticket Price (0=Free)||150|
|Link to Purchase Tickets/Register||eventbrite.com|
San Diego Made is proud to open up our Factory in Logan Heights near downtown San Diego to host creative, inspiring events for the public like those listed above! We welcome those who’d like to put on creative workshops, networking events, fundraisers, socials, and more to inquire about renting our space. Events at the San Diego Made Factory are special. Maybe you’ll learn a tangible skill that many of our makers have mastered and built businesses off of, or attend a networking social with other talented minds…our creative enviorment is the perfect space to experience something unique. We look forward to having you as a guest or event host at the Factory soon!
Interested in hosting a private event or workshop in our space? We can make whatever you’re looking for happen, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.